COVID-19 Guest Charter
We recognise that this is a very different world and we must all adapt to the "new normal". Our COVID-19 Charter puts in place enhanced procedures and rules to minimise the risk to ourselves, each other, and this remote community of Skye.
We must all ensure that we follow government health and safety guidelines to protect each other.
Thank you for your understanding.
- As hosts we have completed risk assessment and put in place an enhanced cleaning schedule (included in guest information folder).
- Amended check-in procedure by phone/email. Although we can still meet on arrival at the observed social distance, unmasked, to answer any questions.
- We are committed to folllowing protocol relating to any outbreak of COVID-19.
- Guest information brochure leaflets laminated.
- Useful links on Kirsty's Cottage website and social media pages.
- Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist in any way during your stay. Use phone/email/WhatsApp/Facebook for your safety and convenience, if you don't want face-to-face contact.
- Please follow COVID-19 government guidelines. If any member of your party shows COVID-19 symptoms prior to, or during, your stay, contact NHS 111 and inform us ASAP.
- If you are not able to return home, you are responsible for any additional nights accommodation cost, in line with your weekly price.
Out and About
- Wash hands and sanitise whenever you have the opportunity.
- Respect 2-metre social distance guidance, avoid gathering in large crowds.
- Be aware that weaing masks is compulsory inside shops, etc.
- Many attractions, restaurants, shops, cafes, pubs have alternative arrangements in place. Please check on social media for the latest information, as rules are changing week-by-week.
- Book restaurants ahead, as seating capacity is limited.
- Some restaurants are offering takeaways, so you can still experience great food!
Prior to departure
- Cleaning products are provided--please ensure you leave Kirsty's Cottage as you found it. We deep clean after you have left, however we will charge an additional £50 cleaning fee if Kirsty's Cottage is left unclean.
- We would be grateful if you could strip beds and place all bed linen, towels, and clothes in the bags provided. Leave in utility room.
- Do not leave any foodstuffs, please take home to enjoy.
- Put all rubbish in the bins provided outside. Glass can be recycled at the Braes Hall recycle point.
- Clean out the fire.
- Leave all windows open to air the cottage.
- Provide contact details in case we need to reach you for the purpose of track and trace.
Finally, have a safe and enjoyable stay with us. Enjoy this wonderful and unique island that is Skye.