Kirsty's Cottage is located in Peinchorran one of nine crofting townships in the beautiful and picturesque district of Braes, historically famous following the last battle fought on British soil in 1882, known as "Battle of Braes" today the site is commemorated with a small monument. Peinchorran is situated at the very end of the Braes and overlooks Loch Sligachan with stunning views of Glamaig and The Cuillins. Beach and hillside walks are on the doorstep of Kirsty's Cottage.
Peinchorran is ideally located about a fifteen minute drive along B883 from Portree the capital of Skye, which is centred on an historic fishing port. Portree offers a host of amenities including Leisure Centre, Library, Cinema, Post Office, Banks, Chemist, Butcher, Fish shop, Outdoor shop, Health Food shop and a great variety of gift shops and restaurants offering local produce.
- Directions to Peinchorran and Kirsty's Cottage
(1) From the Skye bridge; follow signs to Portree (28 miles).
(2) 2 miles before Portree, which you will see in the distance, turn RIGHT to Braes.
(3) Go STRAIGHT along single track road for 3/4 mile to junction.
(4) Turn RIGHT, following sign for Braes.
(5) Keep going STRAIGHT along single track road for 4 miles, then satnav will direct you straight on please ignore and definitely turn left at T junction signposted Peinchorran, this road follows the coastline. At the next T junction turn left continue to the end of the road.
(6) TURN at roads end turning point and COME BACK 3 houses to black tin roofed cottage with large tree in garden.
(7) You have arrived! Welcome - parking available on shared driveway.
Please be aware of pot holes and sheep on the Braes road!
Contact details: 01478 650250 www.skye-cottages.co.uk